> > Is there an easy way to get dvips to use type 1 fonts, or alternatively,
> > can pdflatex be expected to support eepic in the future?  I gather that
> > tex type 1 fonts are already present in the tetex distribution.

i always use a program called dvipdfm to create pdf files directly from the
dvi file. it usually gives you much smaller pdf files than ps2pdf. i tried
the method below on a 50k dvi file, and i find that dvipdfm gives a pdf file
that is some 30k smaller than dvips/ps2pdf. plus, for some reason, the file
created by ps2pdf just doesn't look good on my screen, the one created by
dvipdfm does.

dvipdfm handles stuff from eepic well (i use it myself) and, according to the
doc, also handles images.

to check it out:

http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/

HTH

joost kremers

--
Joost Kremers, M.A.

University of Nijmegen
Department of Languages and Cultures of the Middle-East

PO Box 9103
6500 HD Nijmegen
tel: 024-3612996
fax: 024-3611972