* Dima Brodsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [16 05 01 17:33]:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to compile teTex 1.0.7 and it is failing because it cannot
>find the app-defaults for xdvi.  I looked for the file XDvi in
>the source tree and in the texmf/xdvi and could not find it.  Does
>anybody know where I can get a copy of this file or how I should proceed
>in the installation?

Well, I am not quit shure, if I am right, because
Im using a debian-System with precompiled binaries, however:
There is an existing directory called app-defaults which is
part of XFree:
/etc/X11/app-defaults/XDvi
On other systems it may be under
/usr/lib/X..
/usr/X11

The direcotry moved from /usr to /etc
with the release of XFree 4.0

app-defaults/XDvi is something like this
(depending on your monitor, color selection, resolution ..)
------

XDvi*mfMode: ljfour
XDvi*pixelsPerInch: 600
XDvi*shrinkFactor: 6
XDvi*paper: a4
XDvi*wwwBrowser: netscape
XDvi*thorough: true
XDvi*background: white

-------
this describes the Mode of font generation
        resolution of the printer 600(dpi)
        shrink => 1/6
        and so on
the syntax is typical X Syntax like for