Hi,

With openjade I'm  generating a 1200 page large PDF document.
After about 600 pages pdfjadetex quits with the error that
it has run out of capacity. In this case it has run out of
the parameter 'number of strings' (about 52000).

I figured out that the parameter max_strings has to be increased.
This parameter cannot be changed in the texmf.cnf file. Therefore,
this number has to be fixed in the sources and pdftex needs to
be recompiled, I assume.

The problem now is, that the value of max_strings must not exceed
the value of max_halfword. Unfortunately I need a value of 200000
for max_strings. For this, I have to increase the value of max_halfword.
I have tried to change several settings in various .ch/.web files
but iwth no success.

Does anyone know how to increase the value of max_halfword in TeX??

regards,

pieter

P.S. I searched several mailing lists and noticed other users
     having the same problem. I haven't been able to find the
     solution yet....

__

Pieter Rijken
Consultant / WNGD1

CMG Wireless Data Solutions (Netherlands) B.V.

Merweplein 5
3432 GN  Nieuwegein
P.O. Box 261
3430 AG Nieuwegein