Hi everyone,

My question is based on the following assumption:
Somewhere along the process of compiling a LaTeX (TeTeX) document, all
macros, defined using \newcommand or \renewcommand are syntactically
expanded into the document source, similar to the way a C preprocessor
works.

(If this assumption turns out to be wrong, my question will not make
sense.)

My question:
Is there a way of outputting the result of this preprocessing stage to a
file? Maybe in the form of command line option to the latex command?

Does anybody know this?

Thanks

Mathis Kretz                            e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                web: http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~til/staff/kretz.html
                                        Phone: +41 (0)31 631 33 17
                                          Fax: +41 (0)31 631 32 60