Peter Bruehne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> first of all, I hope this is the right place to ask for help for the
> following problem:
> I recently installed the euro-Package for typesetting the euro-symbol
> with TeX and LaTeX. As supposed I put the tfm-Files (zpeubis.tfm etc.)
> in the directory $TEXMF/fonts/tfm/adobe/eurofont/ of the local teTeX
> installation. TeXing the example eurosamp.tex is no problem, but
> creating the pk-files fails (while trying to view the dvi-file with
> xdvi). The following is the contents of the missfont.log file:

> mktexpk: Running gsftopk zpeubi 300
> AFPL Ghostscript 7.00: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

A known bug of GhostScript 7.00.  Why have you installed it?  Since it
is under the AFPL license, you usually have to download it yourself
and using an outdated version in that case is utterly unnecessary.

The first version known to work reliably with gsftopk again is
GhostScript 7.03, the current version is 7.04.  Since 7.04 has been
out only for few days, I cannot say anything about it, but I would
guess it is not worse than 7.03.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]