On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Thomas Esser wrote:

> That -Ppdf turn on a feature called "character shifting" and dvips is
> not smart enough to detect that this does not work with all fonts. This
> is fixed in newer version of dvips, but with the old version, you can
> use -Ppdf -G0.

It would be helpful to have a more precise definition of "newer".  I have
noticed that Mandrake 9.0 appears to have split their tetex 1.07 package.
Although most "teTeX 1.07" systems have the older dvips, Mandrake's dvips
from tetex-dvips-1.0.7-60mdk.i586.rpm does not exhibit the problem (sorry
I don't recall the dvips version that worked -- it is installed on a
laptop that is locked up for the night in my office).

--
George White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia