On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 07:40:10PM +0100, Thomas Esser wrote:
> > I have a problem with dvips(k) 5.86 of tetex-1.0.7-57 under linux
> > Redhat 8.
>
> RedHat has turned on secure mode in dvips (by a setting in dvips's config.ps)
> to fix a security problem in the print filter despite the following facts:
>   - printing dvi files to lpr does not work if the file references eps
>     graphics from the user's directory (so in fact, it does not make
>     much sense to have this support in the print filter)
>   - the dvips version is broken because secure mode cannot be turned
>     on via commandline option
>   - secure mode also affects the output pipe specified in the config file
>
> The last two bugs are fixed in teTeX-2.0's dvips (dvips(k) 5.92b).

Also, if you want a close to default RedHat installation, upgrade the
teTeX RPM's to those in the RedHat rawhide distribution. They realised
that turning on "secure mode" was not the way to go and reverted back in
current rawhide.

There is a bugzilla bug about this problem

Hopefully RedHat will update to teTeX 2.0 for 8.1.
--
Norman Gaywood -- School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia