    > texdocrc.defaults is written to $HOME when the options are
    > saved. This is against Thomas R.'s intention and was introduced
    > in TeX Live. I have fixed this in beta4

Does it mean that the save button will be removed?

    > Maybe, an additional fix might be helpful:
    > - my $database="$datadir/texdoctk.dat";
    > + my $database=`kpsewhich --progname=texdoctk --format=${qq}other text
files${qq} texdoctk.dat`;

    > This is to fix the situation where a locally installed older
    > texdoctk in a local texmf tree had a texdocrc.defaults but no
    > texdoctk.dat in the local tree (older versions of texdoctk have
    > used different names for the database files).

    > Comments on this change?

Of course both files can be in different texmf trees and should be
looked up independently.

Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha                                     Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                                 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]