On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Thorsten Ehm wrote:

> Hi list,
> I checked the pmx export of noteedit and tried to compile the exported
> file with pmx. But there was an error I never had. It says:
>  Problem in function isetvarlen
> I tested this with PMX2342 and latest MusiXTeX (T1.03) on linux. Is this
> a problem of choosing npages and nsystems? I attached the pmx file. The
> problem occured only after adding Measures 21 - 30...

Although I don't think the problem is on my "territory" (Noteedit PMX export)
I played with the PMX output and found the error is
somewhere in MIDI instructions. If you delete

   It120ifltbtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtbtb

all works! I cannot estimate whether the string has an error.

To prevent the next question: "No, Noteedit cannot do anything to
avoid the stem-crossing beams!". The problem is: As far as I can see
PMX calculates the beam position and increase always on basis of the
first note in chord. This causes stem-crossing  if the last note
in chord is far away from first note. For example:

% nv,noinst,mtrnuml,mtrdenl,mtrnump,mtrdenp,xmtrnum0,isig,
   1    1      4      4        4      4        0      0
% npages,nsyst,musicsize,fracindent
    1    1      20       0.07
%

./

c84 ze5 d84 e zf5 f84 c f85 c84 c /

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY ([EMAIL PROTECTED])