> I've read the file /cygwin/usr/share/texmf/ls-R, MUSIXTEX.TEX appears and
> all the files I installed. But still kpsewich can't find the required
> files. I suspect that it has something to do with tetex being case
> sensitive and cygwin not or the other way.

I suspect the filenames themselves uppercase when you list
them using 'ls' in cygwin? In that case, they should all
be renamed to lowercase. The simplest is probably to use
some unzip program that handles case in file names better
or to install from the Unix package musixtex-T103.tar.gz
instead. See
http://icking-music-archive.sunsite.dk/software/musixtex/musixtex-for-unix.html

  /Mats