Some of this can be handled with D"any text" .  It does adjust vertical
offsets in a sensible way for isolated dynamic marks: below the lower of the
note or the bottom staff line.  You can tweak the vertical position as much
as you want.

This would not suit all purposes.  If people would suggest an alternate set
of rules for above-the-staff text, I'd consider adding the option.  It's
easiest to associate the item horizontally with a note.  Unfortunately the
rules cannot involve adjacent notes (without breaking the programming bank).
If there is a TeX macro that does it all, I could include a hook to it from
PMX.  Otherwise it would probably use some version of \zcharnote.

--Don Simons, going to catch an airplane.