Hello all,

I just would like to clear up the little problem I had with calling the
executables for musixflx, pmx and m-tx, and how it's been fixed.

Everyone who mailed me had the same solution: tell the OS where your
files are by placing their paths in the PATH statement, either in
autoexec.bat or in Start->Settings->Control
Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables. Even better is to put
copies of the executables into a single directory so that only one
directory need be entered. This methodology is covered in both of the
MiKTeX HOWTOs, written by Christof Biebricher and Eva Jaksch.

My problem is that I was trying to hang on to my old method (which
worked) of placing Windows-based "DOS shortcuts" in the same directory
as my batch files. These "shortcut" files have full information about
the executables' respective paths (one shortcut per executable). Thus
the executables' location(s) should not have to be provided as in the
above paragraph. In any case I now find it to be a bad approach.

Now I have created a bin directory directly under my local texmf
directory and included it in the system PATH. Needless to say it works,
but I still don't understand why my old method stopped working. Not that
I still particularly care.

Many thanks to all who so quickly responded.

Sincerely,
Mike Chapman