Stefan Svensson wrote:
> This example crashes PMX. If I remove the rest at the beginning of
> the fourth triplet, it works.
>
> ---
> 1 1 4 4 4 4  0 0 0 4 20 0

> ./
>
> c4x3 d e f4x3 r a b4x3 a g r4x3 e d /
> ---
>
> Result:
>
> pmxab test.pmx
>  This is PMX, Version 2.357, 13 March 2002
>  Opening test.pmx
>
>  Starting first PMX pass
>
>   Bar 1
>  Done with first pass
>

>  Starting second PMX pass
>

>   Bar 1make: *** [test.tex] Segmentation fault

I can't reproduce this error with my linux binary of the same PMX
version. I wonder whether the compilation used make difference like it
apparently have done for me in other cases. If I compile the PMX fortran
sources with the 'official' GNU fortran compiler g77 I actually run into
such crashes every now and then. I (mostly) don't experience such
crashes with PMX-binaries built in two steps with f2c and gcc resp.:

f2c pmxab.f -Nn802 -Nx400

gcc pmxab.c -lf2c -lm -o pmxab

Bye
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus