I could put this on the to-do list, but wouldn't get to it until about 2015.
(In the ten years of PMX's existence, this is the first time I recall anyone
asking for percussion notation). I'm afraid it's inline TeX or MusiXTeX for
the foreseeable future. You might be able to write some general TeX macros
which, when activated, redefine any subsequent normal notes to be percussion
notes of a particular type. They would be reusable, and that way you
wouldn't have to redefine every individual percussion note.

--Don Simons