Hi All,

With a new Linux distro which I installed recently (a Mandrake clone) I'm able to see all slur-ps slurs in xdvi. I didn't (yet) investigate how was it compiled. I don't see any slowdown (CPU 1.7G).

Alexander

Stanislav Kneifl wrote:

It won't work anyway as the slurs are not in a form of embedded EPS files, but rather a PostScript code fragments scattered across a page and relying on the DVIPS header files... Sorry.

Stanislav.

Bob Tennent wrote:

 >| >|Which DVI-previewers can display the postscript slurs type K?  >|
 >|AFAIK, PostScript slurs require a PostScript interpreter.
It seems that xdvi can be compiled to call ghostscript to render
PostScript specials, but this can be slow because of the number of calls
to ghostscript needed.
Bob T.