Don Simons skryf:
> The uploaded file had the wrong line terminations for windows.
How often has that been the problem on this mailing-list!

In the old days, when everybody used FTP, you downloaded files as ASCII
and they came over perfectly in the local text format.  Nowadays everybody
uses web browsers.  Why can't browsers auto-convert text files?

The best option is to keep everything as MSDOS text files but zipped.
The Windows users are happy, the standard Unix unzip utility _can_
autoconvert, I don't know about Macintosh, but I'd be surprised if
Macintosh can't autoconvert MSDOS text.

Dirk