Hi

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Diane Blaurock wrote:

> If I understand what I've read about copyright law correctly, scholarly
> editions with critical apparatus are covered only for a period of 25 years.
> I am assuming that this pertains to the edition that I have, because the
> editor lists all of the corrections that he made. If I reset the score,
> omitting the realization of the continuo line and only giving the figured
> bass, would I be able to post my score and parts to the archive?

I have not heard anything about those 25 years, and I presume that it
differs in different countries. I have taken the "easy" way and only
published pieces transcribed from 17- and 18th century prints and
manuscripts.

> Or should I keep it to myself and we all pretend I never wrote this?

And do like me? :-)
This is why I could not keep myself from commenting this. Yes, I have
transcribed exactly that sonata and kept it to myself because of copyright
questions that I did not have the energy to solve. If you do come to a
conclusion, I'm interested in hearing about it.

/Johan Tufvesson