On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Hermann Hinsch wrote:

> >So if the composer has been dead for 70 years, and you
> >have access to the compostition in it's original,
> >unedited form, nobody can stop you from publishing it
> >if you do the typesetting yourself.
>
> Is this true too if I use a commercially available facsimile as source?

Again, as to Simon, who should be able to proof it. You may have got a
copy of the original source from someone somewhere. You find exactly the
same content, maybe just a bit more lisible. So noone can have rights on
the content. Of course you must not reproduce the facsimile which might be
of substatially better quality as the original, due to modern graphics
processing programs.

regards
Bernhards