Guido Milanese wrote:
Dear Experts,
I vaguely recall reading in this list of the possible conversion from pmx to mtx. I would like this because I must import a MIDI file (which I do with noteedit: my system is Linux Mandrake box) and do some pattern matching for musical/textual analysis -- and I am quite familiar with mtx now.

I found in http://www.maths.qmw.ac.uk/~aeru/bookmarks.html

a link to http://www.biobase.dk/~scancm/Musik/misc_stuff/pmx2mtx.pl

I put the perl script temporarily because someone wanted to use it.

This script has a very 'raw' functionality. It will prepare some kind of PMX-to-Mtx conversion if a number of conditions are met - I don't any more remember _which_ conditions.

All in all I don't like the script to be published in the context of the software archive of the Icking Archive. But since I get this request I've created a directory for that kind of stuff, http://icking-music-archive.org/Unsupported/ and copied the script to there for download. Please remember that this script _is_ 'unsupported'. Use it as best you can:-)

but the link is broken.

Can I ask for your kind and competend help?

Thanks!
Guido Milanese

--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus