Maurizio Codogno wrote:
Francois Planiol-Auger wrote:

Does somebody here compose directly music (in my case is M-TX really fine)
in the editor? How long did you needed to be effective without wysiwyg?

It depends from the complexity of what I write, but since usually I have to write music down by hand I do not worry :-)

I've been composing and arranging directly with M-Tx for years since that program (and later MUP as well) became 'second nature' to me. In my experience that kind of program usage becomes obvious along with the ability to mentally 'map' between a typesetting source codes and an 'inner score'. Actually this mental process is my primary reason for preferring M-Tx rather than typesetting directly with pmx. However, in order to achieve 'the best of all worlds' (M-Tx and PMX) it is essential to carefully study the available - and magnificent - PMX documentation.

Bye
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus