On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Don Simons wrote:

> I've just uploaded a new beta to
>
> http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx2505.zip

Thank you, Don.
There is still a big wish on my list, which I mentioned already
some years ago. Polyphonic organ music very frequently demands that a
key is not re-touched if it is the same like the previous one in another
voice. In the old music, it is usually left to the judgement of the
player whether to re-touch or not, but since 1800 it is noted by ties.
With musixtex, this is not a problem: A tie begun in one voice may
end in another. In pmx, however, this is not possible, but results
in a unfinished tie. I have no idea how difficult it would be to
make it possible that sX say in soprano may end with sX in the alto voice,
but it certainly would save me a lot of post-editing the tex file.

One always has wishes... On the other hand, I am very satisfied
with pmx, it saves an incredible amount of time. 99% of what I type
will not land in the archive because it is for the daily needs of
a practitioner...

Regards,
          Christof