thanks Don and Gerd for helping me!

i don't really want to use pmx. mostly because it took me quite a while to get used to plain musixtex.

here is an example which shows my tested beams next to normal notes:
(i also add the resulting pdf after plain pdftex. thought i'm not sure whether it gets through the mailinglist)

\input musixtex
\instrumentnumber1
\nobarnumbers
\setlines11
\startextract
\Notes%
\qu i\cu i\ccu i%
\ibu0i0\qb0i\tbu0\qb0i%
\ibbu0i0\qb0i\tbu0\qb0i%
\ibbu0h0\qb0i\tbu0\qb0i%
\ibbu0g0\qb0i\tbu0\qb0i%
\en
\endextract
\end

hopefully this makes my problem more clear to you.
first beam (normle-ibu-beam) is quite close to the height of normal notes, but all the double beams are either too tall (pitch i and h) or too small (pitch g).

i'm very curious about how to get the exact height using plain musixtex.
please explain this to me.

greets
marek