One answer is that it doesn't matter, since MikTeX will automatically
download and install a needed package if it isn't already installed.

  /Mats

Eva-Raphaela Jaksch wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up a new computer (Windows XP) and have
reached the point where I need to reinstall MikTeX. The problem is
that it's been so long since I used any TeX-related tools that I am
completely out of the loop as regards what to install for MusixTeX
purposes.

Back in the day, when I wrote the guide for installing MusixTeX on a
Windows box, the current version was MiKTeX 2.1.8 and there were
issues with selecting the "full" installation as the version of
MusixTeX included in that was incomplete. I see that the current
version of MikTeX is 2.5 and the installer comes in a choice of
"Basic" or "Net". Could some kind soul who's running MikTeX and
MusixTeX please bring me up to speed on which version to select, or
whether there are any packages that one absolutely must or absolutely
must not get for MusixTeX purposes, or whether it still makes a
difference at all?

Thanks in advance!

Eva-Raphaela Jaksch

        Mats Bengtsson