Just started doing this. Had anyone else noticed that since MiKTeX 2.3,
MusiXTeX T.112 and the type-1 fonts have been correctly packaged in MiKTeX
itself? The only mistake is that musixflx.exe is left in
{install-root}\source\generic\musixtex\musixtex-src.cab but if this is
extracted and moved to somewhere in your PATH ({install-root}\bin is
probably not a good idea as it may be removed in an update) then all seems
fine.

Have I missed anything? Obviously, instructions for manually installing are
still useful for beta/newer versions so I'll have a go at those too...

David