Hermann Hinsch wrote:
Am Freitag, 5. Dezember 2008 schrieb Christian Mondrup:
Hermann Hinsch wrote:
Hi Don,

I tested your new version of pmx  with my mtx-score which has figures
in the 3. staff. Unfortunately I got a memory access error by pmx. I
then tried the original score with inline TeX as used before which
was compiled without any error with the older version of pmx, but now
I get the same memory access error.

I think it would be best if you test my score yourself, Therefore you
may find enclosed my score.
I've compiled pmx 2517 with f2c as well as g77 (as described in
http://icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/musixtex-for-unix.html)
and tested both pmx
binaries on the result of prepmx-ing your M-Tx file. I can't reproduce
the memory access error you're reporting with any of the 2 binaries. The
postscript outcome looks good:-)

My environment is Ubuntu 8.04 linux. For prepmx-ing I've been using my
most recent M-Tx patch release 0.60d

HOWEVER - now that I inspect your M-Tx file it looks like you didn't
upload the version with PMX figured bass code for the lute part. Please
consider providing this file for test as well

Greetings

I use SuSE 11.0 and compiled pmx2517 by f2c -Nx400 -Nn802 pmx2517.f and gcc -lf2c -lm -o pmxab pmx2517.c and copied the new pmx.tex to /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/musixtex. prepmx-ing by M-Tx patch release 0.60d.

I enclose the score with the PMX figured bass code for the lute part although the described error is the same in both score versions.

This file processes with no problems on my Ubuntu pc, and the postscript outcome is perfect.

For further test I've compiled pmx 2517 on a Redhat 7.5 station and a Mac OSX laptop. On both computers pmx 2517 processes the test file with no errors.

There must be something technically specific with your SuSE environment which conflicts with the pmx binary. Could it be the version(s) of f2c and gcc?

Greetings
--
Christian Mondrup, Archive Editor
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive