I completely reinstalled Musix (including a texhash run) but this is all I get:

$$$

This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2010)
(./panofka.tex
(/usr/local/texlive/2010/../texmf-local/tex/generic/musixtex/musixtex.tex
MusiXTeX(c) 1.15 <3 April 2011>
maxinstruments=6 max128beams=6 maxgroups=3 maxslurs=6 maxtrills=6
maxoctlines=6) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/../texmf-local/tex/generic/pmx/pmx.tex
PMX, a Preprocessor for MusiXTeX, Version 2.602a <17 November 10>
) maxslurs=24
! No room for a new \dimen .
\ch@ck ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
                                                  \fi
\alloc@ ...\advance \count 1#1by\@ne \ch@ck #1#4#2
                                                  \allocationnumber =\count ...

\body ...newskdim \csname e@z\roman@c@ \endcsname
                                                  \expandafter \noexpand@new...

\next ->\body
              \let \next \iterate \else \let \next \relax \fi \next
\setmaxinstruments ...t@ <\maxinstruments \repeat
                                                  \expandafter \message \exp...
l.8 \setmaxslurs{24}\setmaxinstruments{24}
                                          %
?

$$$

I have noticed that for some files the folder structure is altered. For example:
texmf-local/fonts/tfm/musixtex
seems to be nonexistent. For the new distribution the files are here:
texmf-local/fonts/tfm
Is this of any concern?

Philipp