I'm on the road until next Monday with no MusiXTeX or friends on my laptop, so
can't say a lot. But I know the message (Last non-blank character is "3", not
"/,%  ASCII code:   51) comes from PMX. If I have time before Monday, I'll
download and install the S/W and look a little further. But don't hold your
breath; I've always been very frustrated with these sorts of (cross-platform?)
issues.

--Don Simons