The original file would not have run since you left out the line in the
preamble for the instrument name.

The “I” should go after the preamble (after the path) and before the code for
the notes.

%----------------%

%

%  hello_world.pmx

%

%----------------%

%

% nv,noinst,mtrnuml,mtrdenl,mtrnump,mtrdenp,xmtrnum0,isig,

  1    1      4       4        4      4        0       0

%

% npages,nsyst,musicsize,fracindent

    1      1     20        0

./

%%

rbd2 bf44 | rb0 | rb | a4r rb2 e4 | rbd2 f4 |

  e rb fs rb | rb f2,fs | e4 rbd2 | rb f4 rb | af rb d- rb //

e45 e e e | e d8 c d4 b | c af f+ b-8 an | b4 g e+ b | a f8a a b4 b |

  b g8a a b4 c8a d | e4 e f ds | b b b b | b a8 g a4 a | d b a b8 an /

--Don Simons