Luigi, from your analysis, I'm guessing if you put something like the
following TeX in the TeX source, somewhere before the \newmovement command,
it should alter the inputs to \newmovement like you want:

\let\nmt\newmovement\def\newmovement#1#2#3{\nmt{#1}0{#3}\let\newmovement\nmt
}

I think you know how to enter this as in-line TeX in the PMX file. I don't
know M-Tx well enough to tell you how to do that from the M-Tx file. This is
all untested. If you still have a problem, send me the MTx file you have or
a working excerpt.

--Don Simons

Cataldi