I almost obtained the snippet of the challenge with the attached source by adding a "temporary" third beam. I intentionally let the beginning portion of this 3rd beam so you understand the logic, but you can get rid of it saying a \loffset bigger than 24 or so at line #8.

But: 1: does anybody know where the "parasitic" beam portion below the staff comes from?

2: how to shorten stemlenghts so they do no climb above the 2nd beam?

Otherwise my process would be easier than yours to put into a macro because it's difficult to write a macro that does something at <pitch p> *and* <pitch p+1>

Bye

Jean-Pierre Coulon
\input musixtex
\nostartrule

\startextract
\notes\ibu0l{-1}\nbbu0\nbbbu0\qb0{jhi}\tbbbu0\qb0e\hqsk\en
\notes\nbbbu0\qb0{_i}\tbbu0\tbbbu0\nbbbu0\qb0e\en
\notes\nbbu0\qb0h\tbbbu0\qb0c\hqsk\en
\notes\nbbbu0\qb0{^ge}\hqsk\qb0{=g}\tbbbu0\tbbu0\loffset{20}{\tbu0}\qb0c\en
\zendextract

\end