Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014, David Allsopp wrote:
>
> > Have you rebooted your machine?
>
> No, but much simpler! I deleted the command prompt window I was working
> with, opened a new one and it works! It seem the f option is the culprit.
>
> I compared the results of a SET command before and after this condition
> and they are the same. So the problem is *not* a nasty variable change.

It's more likely something getting messed up in the C runtime and the DLL not
unloading correctly - closing the Command Prompt would have the same effect of
unloading it properly as a reboot.

But I'd follow Bob's advice and upgrade to the latest MusiXTeX, anyhow [you
could do it at the same time as upgrading to a supported version of Windows...
;o)]

David