>|In pmx.tex, evidently \centerbar is used for centered
 >|pauses (with \pausc), while \CenterBar is used in
 >|multi-bar rests. I don't see any reason to change
 >|anything in pmx.tex unless it gets broken by modified
 >|definitions in musixtex.tex. At the moment it appears
 >|that changing \centerpause will not affect PMX but
 >|changing \centerbar may. So if Bob or someone proposes
 >|to change \centerbar, then please provide the proposed
 >|modified definition, so I can exercise PMX and see if
 >|anything gets broken.

Don: Here's the proposed new definition:

\def\centerbar#1{\y@ii\lin@pos \advance\y@ii-\lastbarpos \advance\y@ii\cut@v
 \kern-\h@lf\y@ii\lrlap{\let\adv@box\hbox #1}\kern\h@lf\y@ii}%

This gives good results with \centerbar\pause and so on.

A search for \centerbar in pmx.tex failed so I concluded
PMX doesn't use \centerbar. But I guess *pmxab* outputs
\centerbar.

If PMX uses \centerbar\pausc, it would be possible as
a temporary workaround to re-define \pausc (and similar
commands such as \PAusc) *in musixtex.tex*. Eventually,
pmxab and pmx.tex could be simplified.

Bob