Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2015, David Allsopp wrote:
>
> > Does MusiXTeX already have support for "short" barlines (to use
> > Sibelius's
> > terminology) - connecting lines 2, 3, 4 only (an equivalent OpusTeX's
> > Gregorian \divisiominor)? [...]
>
> The musixlit package seems close to what you want. Read \shortbarules and
> \interbarrules.

Ah yes, \shortbarrules does indeed create barlines of the correct type. The
difference is that one needs to be able to do that on demand (i.e.
\setshortbar\bar cf. \setdoublebar\bar).

> But could you please provide a working MusiXTeX source, explaining what is
> still wrong in it or a scan of manuscript with an example?

Example stave attached from Sibelius (the transition from 4 to 5 lines is not
relevant). If it were properly supported, I would expect to code that using:

\setshortbar\bar

for the first and third barlines (with the difference between a 4 and 5 line
staff automatically catered for) and the middle one using:

\settickbar\bar

David