> I just saw at
>
>  http://imslp.org/wiki/15_Sinfonias,_BWV_787-801_(Bach,_Johann_Sebastian)
>
> the pmw source files.  Any possibility of convertion pmw -> MusiXTeX? ;-)

A new release of PMW appeared in February 2014. It built right out of the
box on my Ubuntu system. The user manual is very comprehensive.

The input language is not hard to understand if you are familiar
with M-Tx or LilyPond. For example:

PMW sample (first in the manual):

~~~
heading "|National Anthem"
breakbarlines
underlaysize 9.5
notespacing *1.1
key G
time 3/4
[stave 1 treble 1 text underlay]
"God save our gra-cious Queen,"
g g a | f. g- a |
"Long live our no-ble Queen,"
b b c' | b. a- g |
"God save the Queen."
a g f | G. |
[endstave]
[stave 2 bass 0]
g` b` c | d. e- f | g e c | d. #d- e | c d d | G`. |
[endstave]
~~~

M-Tx equivalent:

~~~
Title: National Anthem
Sharps: 1
Meter: 3/4
Style: Singer Bass
Bass: Voices B; Clefs F

g g a | f.g a
L: God save our gra-cious Queen,
g- b c | d.e f

b b c | b.a g
L: Long live our no-ble Queen,
g e c | d ds e

a g f | g2d
L: God save the Queen.
c d d | g2d
~~~

Conversion of this level of PMW to M-Tx (which eventually leads to
MusiXTeX) would be fairly easy. In fact, supporting a subset of PMW
as an input option would probably be the easiest way to do it.

The full PMW language, which one must assum that people who code
PMW would be using, has hpwever many more features than even
PMX, since the fallback option of raw MusiXTeX is not available, and
supporting that would only be possible by tapping into the PMW source
code to supply MusiXTeX rather than Postscript output.

But for the purpose of modifying an existing score written in PMW,
I would say it is far easier to learn enough PMW so that one can do
it directly on the PMW source itself.