Don Simons wrote:
I've just put together a new version of PMX that accommodates the recent
changes in MusiXTeX. My zip file is available at

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx271.zip

This focuses on Windows systems, containing only Windows executables, and
guidance for manual upgrading within Windows-centric file structures.

Bob Tennant has added to this and rearranged it into a TDS-compliant
structure, with executables compiled for Windows (32 and 64 bit) and OSX,
and a pmx.tds.zip file to unzip at the root of a local or personal texmf
tree:

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/pmx/pmx.zip

The most important point about this new version is that it REQUIRES MusiXTeX
1.21 along with the new pmx.tex; results will be unreliable otherwise. But
old PMX source files should work just fine with the new setup. In fact, I
would really appreciate as much testing as possible of old

I've tested the newest versions of M-Tx and PMX on some engravings from my complete edition of the madrigal collection 'Selva di varia ricreatione' by Orazio Vecchi

http://imslp.org/wiki/Selva_di_varia_ricreatione_(Vecchi,_Orazio)

Judged on 2 vocal pieces and a piece including a lute tablature Both preprocessors work as they should.

I encountered problems, though, while testing the score including a tablature. Ronald Gelten's tablature software, 'tabdefs'

http://icking-music-archive.org/software/musixtex/add-ons/tabdefs.tex

doesn't work with pdftex. So when I do the processing through musixtex.lua I need to apply option '-d' (process through dvipdfm). That works as expected. But when I wanted to test the .ps result and applied the option '-g' (stop at postscript level) I got no postscript output file. When I look at the log file I notice that the postscript output file has been removed!

I suspect there is a bug in function process_option within musixtex.lua

Greetings and Happy New Year to all
--
Christian Mondrup
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive