The M-Tx manual has since time immemorial contained this
paragraph, which I have a strong mind to delete.

"You can tune the appearance of the rest by appending a signed
integer to the word, e.g. rm19+18. Roughly speaking, this moves
the front end of the rest to the right by 18 points. Since multibar rests
can have several shapes and may even contain as many as three
separate symbols (in the case of rm7) it is difficult to describe precisely
what happens and you are advised to experiment."

I take it that PMX still supports that, but that it is probably no longer
needed, and will on the contrary just mess things up. Right?