> No predefined big cautionary accidentals exist.

I studied musixtex.tex to see whether it would be possible
to extend the coding to support big cautionary accidentals.
It seems that it isn't. The coding for cautionary
accidentals in musixtex is based on parenthesis-pair glyphs
in the music fonts, one for double-flats and a more compact
one for the other accidentals. "Big" accidentals would
require "wider" parenthesis pairs, which of course aren't
there. I don't know why the "small" accidentals were adopted
for cautionary accidentals; I find that in small musicsize
they are pretty indecipherable. Using \lpar/\rpar with
\loffset and the big accidentals seems to work well enough.

Bob T.