Using Andre’s PMX file (see below), the latest full public distro of PMX,
Version 2.84, gives this:

I’ve been working on this on and off for a month now, and I’m ready to throw in
the towel. I’ve managed to modify the PMX code to solve the first problem (bar
2), but not the second (bar 3). More broadly, the legacy coding is already so
complex that I just cannot find a clear path forward to deal with all the
possible variations: upness or downness of the first or second member of the
jump beam, increase or decrease in the multiplicity, and whether the change in
multiplicity comes before, at, or after the staff jump. Here is what my
development version gives:

With the new PMX version, the following inline coding fixes the problem in the
3rd bar:

================

2 2 2 8 2 8 0 0

1 1 20 0

bt

./

[l+14 a13 ]j rbd8 /

rb1 \let\tbbut\tbbu\def\tbbu#1{\tbbl#1\let\tbbu\tbbut}\ [ju e14 g8 ] /

===============

yielding this:

It was necessary to change the first part to a lower beam to make the
horizontal bar that we want to terminate early come out above the other one.
That could be done in PMX. But then the termination command for that 2nd bar
had to be changed from \tbbu to \tbbl to make it end at the right horizontal
position, and that required inline TeX.

I believe that any related situation can be handled similarly, with some
combination of alterations of upness and downness within PMX, together with
inline TeX as needed. I’m not saying it’s easy…a fair amount of trial and error
may be needed.

Unless I come across backward incompatibilities or stumble across a major
breakthrough, I’ll be posting the new PMX version soon.

--Don