Can anyone figure out how to keep PMX's default bar numbering in the
line-shortening example. Here's a slightly modified version that shows the
problem more clearly. Notice that the bar numbers return after the shortened
line, although the number needs to be corrected.

================================

1 1 4 4 4 4 0 0

1 6 20 0

.\

\\let\oldalaligne\alaligne\

Abp

c44 d e f g a b c c b a g f e d c /

\\\def\alaligne{\

\\\endpiece\hbox to\hsize\bgroup\vbox\bgroup\hsize=.6\hsize\

\\\startpiece\addspace\afterruleskip}\

L4

c44 d e f D"Hello"+8+15 Rr /

\\\def\alaligne{\

\\\endpiece\egroup\egroup\

\\\startpiece\addspace\afterruleskip\let\alaligne\oldalaligne}\

L5

c44 d e f g a b c /

c44 d e f g a b c /

Thanks,