Andre--

I may possibly have misled you a bit, but it depends on lots of factors.
Gardner Reed states "...only in the case of an unmeasured tremolo in quarter
notes is the primary beam broken, so that it does not connect the two stems.
...there is no other way of setting the quarter note apart from the smaller
values." But a little later he gives an example in "modern notation" of
measured quarter note tremolos with an unbroken primary beam but only a single
broken secondary beam. I will point out that in your original version you had a
quarter note tremolo with an unbroken primary beam but two secondary beams.
That would seem to be legal by extension of his second example, but only if you
wanted the tremolo to be measured. I'll further note that although Read isn't
100% clear, he seems to say that the difference between measured and unmeasured
tremolos is whether or not the tempo is slow enough to be able to play the
notes in the exact rhythm implied by the number of beams. If that's right and
if your quarter note tremolo is measured, it would have to consist of 8 32nd
notes. Actually that's not too unreasonable in light of the septuplet that
follows it. So maybe your original beaming, with the modification I proposed,
could be OK. On the other hand, if you did want unmeasured, then according to
Read we'd definitely have to go to broken primary beams on the quarter note
tremolos, like this:

====================================
a22xT12 o^ a+ | [-1 a-4xT03 a+ ] [-1 a-4xT03 a+ ] /
a24xT12 zc ze o^ a | [-1 a4-xT03 zc ze a ]  [l+1 a-x7 zc ze za b c d e f g ] /

This new version raises a couple more typesetting issues. Originally the broken
triple beams came out too high, almost touching the first note head. Making the
tremolos into forced, lowered beams solved that. Unfortunately, after lowering
the beams you might want to lengthen the stems a little, but I couldn't figure
out any way to get PMX to do that.

I will still try to see if I can solve the original issue you raised. It
obviously has to do with what number PMX assigns to the indented beams, and it
looks like as of now it always uses 0.

--Don