On 12/1/2015 10:08 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:

sorry for a late reply, I finally got gypsum out of my hand, so I am
able to do some work :)

Good news about your hand! hope all is well.

I've tried you example and I really couldn't find any issue except
that it is really huge and almost impossible to inspect :( I commented
out everything except few first paragraphs and it compiled correctly,
so the issue isn't in used packages, but it must be somewhere in the
middle of the document.

I can't use even dviasm on the dvi file produced from the whole
document, so it is really corrupted. BTW, I am unable to compile your
file even with lualatex.

So, my conclusion is that this is mysterious issue which we can't fix
unless you find some smaller (really smaller!!!) example :)

Best regards,
Michal

No Problem. If there is an option one can turn on for more debugging
or some other way to get more information why it fails, I'll be
happy to try.

I just tried the same command now again on same zip file
and get the same error.

make4ht -u --lua -c ./nma.cfg -e ./main.mk4 KERNEL.tex "htm,3,pic-align,notoc*"
-d KERNEL
--- error --- Improper dvi file
Make4ht: Fatal error. Command tex4ht returned exit code 256

This erorr only happens on 2 such files on my end, and both
are very large builds.  So for these two files, I simply do not use
--lua option.   Here is a screen shot fyi:

http://12000.org/tmp/103115/screen_shot.png

Thanks again for looking into this.

--Nasser