On 9/7/2018 2:42 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

What is a workaround? comment on the above question says not to use
align for single equation and so I use \[ \] for single equation
but want to tage it also.

Ok, using equation instead of \[ \] does not produce error with tex4ht

=========================
\documentclass[11pt]{book}
\usepackage{amsmath,mathtools,amssymb}
\begin{document}
\begin{equation}
  y \left( x \right)  = G\left(x, \frac{
\mathop{\mathrm{d}y}}{\mathop{\mathrm{d}x}}\right) \tag{1A}
\end{equation}
\end{document}

And it works in pdf also. so now I just need to change my program
and make it use equation instead of \[ \] everywhere from now on
and will not use \[ \] any more.

Not sure what other subtle differences there are between
equation and \[ \] but as long as it compiles with tex4ht, I am happy.

--Nasser