> Thanks for the advice.
>
> However, I am using MiKTeX on a Windows 10 machine (using cygwin for the
> occasional Linux commands), and the installation instructions don't seem to
> work using either the Windows command terminal or cygwin (neither finds a
> "TEXMFHOME" directory, and they cannot use the "git" command either).
> Attempting some kind of workaround has caused me to accidentally break my
> MiKTeX installation, which took me all of four days to fix again.
>
> So... before I break it _again_, I thought I'd ask if anyone here as any
> experience with installing bundles like this to MiKTeX. ;)

I am sorry about what happened. I don't have access to a Windows
machine and don't use Miktex, so I cannot investigate what happened.
You can just use the indexing4ht.sty [1]  and indexing4ht.4ht [2]
files without installing anywhere, just put them to the same directory
as your TeX file.

Best regards,
Michal

[1] https://github.com/michal-h21/helpers4ht/blob/master/indexing4ht.sty