I did it again - I've waited too long to update my LaTeX packages, and now my
old files will no longer compile correctly. So now I have to carefully wade
through my code and test anything.

One major problem is that I can no longer create a bibliography without
throwing lots of

[ERROR]   htlatex: Compilation errors in the htlatex run
[ERROR]   htlatex: Filename     Line    Message
[ERROR]   htlatex: ?    870      Missing } inserted.

errors. But I think I'd like to analyze some further before I share some code
samples here. Thus, I'd like to ask: Does anyone have any minimalist .tex files
(including relevant build files) for bibtex - or even better, multibib - that
they can successfully run with their installation without errors?

I could use them to test my situation further - perhaps my MiKTeX installation
is the problem, rather than the code. I've already discovered another error
where MiKTeX had updated to the iftex package 1.0f... but the actual
compilation still used an older 0.7 version for some reason. And I want to make
sure that there are no further problems like this before I share code.

Best regards,

- Jürgen Hubert