We have done a lot of drone videography for cave films.  The big issue is wind
and hidden obstructions.  Big entrances tend to have all sorts of funky drafts
and flying a drone, not matter how experienced, can be tricky in drafty
environments.  Also, as the drone gets more distant from the operator, it is
hard to see tiny dangers (like vines).  As a final note, we have had experience
with a motor shutting down due to high moisture.  When that happens the entire
thing goes into a fatal spin.  One of my goals is to light a huge room and film
from above, but the landing and orientation lights are bright enough to cause
some unwanted tint.

If anyone wants to team up and play, I am happy to bring mine out.  I have a 6
rotor unit with an optically stabilized UHD video capture system.  We are also
acquiring an oversized 8 channel unit for use with our RED Scarlet since
shooting at 200 fps is very helpful for those epic shots.

Note: big drones can slice up caves, just like they can slice up drone
operators.  Fly safe and soft.  A camera on a stick or below a balloon is a
heck of a lot safer (and cheaper) than a drone.

Greg
www.passmorelab.com

P.S. Thanks Logan McNatt for pointing out this thread.