From: Louise Power [mailto:power_lou...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 11:31 AM
To: Preston Forsythe; texas cavers
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] Article by Mr. Cave

Hi Preston,

In answer to your question:  "Is the last name, Cave, common?"

I did a quick check on Ancestry.com and saw that there were 1,566,853
entries for the name Cave. That, of course, doesn't mean that many
individuals by the name Cave, but includes every place that the name is
mentioned in every document in their database; includes things like birth
and death certs, wills, immigration and other public records, family trees,
military records, prison and orphanage records, mentions in newspapers and
other publications, et al. My own family has multiple entries for each
family member. Could even include a few "real underground, geological
anomalies." They rarely have records on live people because of potential
legal issues. In the family trees online, live people are generally referred
to as "unlisted." Censuses through 1940 can now be viewed online. The next
census (1950) will not be out for 70 years. If someone is interested and
does not have personal access to Ancestry.com or one of the other
genealogical sites, they can go to their nearest Morman "Family History
Library" and use their facilities free of charge. I've found the people who
work there very accommodating.

How do I know these things? I've been working on my family history for over
20 years.

Good luck, Louise

> From: pns_...@bellsouth.net
> To: texascavers@texascavers.com
> Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 20:32:56 -0500
> Subject: [Texascavers] Article by Mr. Cave
>
> Yes, by Damien Cave, headline in today's NYT, about life in Laredo today,
> and mention of I-35 to Duluth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/us/deep-ties-tested-on-mexicos-border.html
?hp