If you are ever in need of some "free" heavy duty cardboard boxes to
pack your caving
books, or store something in the closet, I have found a place that regularly
has such an item.

It is a store called Batteries+.   They ship batteries in boxes, so
the boxes have to
be rugged.    For some crazy reason, they throw away excellent boxes.

They even sell some things you might find useful such as flashlights
and batteries, although their prices are higher than the big discount
stores.

While I have your attention,

I have been spending most of my spare time
the past week or so on Linkedin.    This place on the web appears to be
picking up steam, and I see lots of people at least trying it, or have just
signed up for an account.    I have not yet made enough money using it
to justify the
time spent, but it seems productive for someone who is trying to market
their job skills, in a way far better than other services on the
Internet.  I did
receive a phone call yesterday from a prospective employer, that I was only
able to reach via their Linkedin page, and a few hours later, we exchanged
a cell-phone text-message.  That
process would have taken weeks back in the 20th Century.

Also,

I sure do want to attend the big party on Saturday, because I have been living
way above my means for 9 months, and it has finally caught up to me.  I
went to L'Auberge du Lac, and threw a Hail-Mary Pass, but it got intercepted
by a slot machine.     My car is falling apart, but I think it will
survive the road-trip,
so that issue want stop me this time.

David Locklear