Sorry I missed the big party in Austin, Saturday evening.

For the record, I drove from Houston about 5 miles west in that
direction procrastinating
back and forth about going.  I decided not to go. Then I made a U-turn
and headed back towards the
party, and drove for about 1/4 mile before I made another U-turn.
Finally, facing the music, I yelled some explicatives to the wind, and
then went and had dinner and
watched the X-Games on tv at the restaurant, which ironically were
going on in Austin.

I sat there pondering and had to accept that the realities of life
this time, were greater than my irresponsibilites.

A few hours later, as I was sitting around the apartment with nothing
to do, I almost got in the
car with the goal of getting there by 2 a.m. and just taking a quick
dip in The Pond
and then camping out enjoying the summer weather, and maybe having breakfast
with any cavers that camped out there.    But that seemed like a bad idea.

Hopefully, I can make one of the Sunday Swims later this summer.

On a related note,

I am still looking for a roommate at my apartment near downtown Houston.  If I
do not find one by the end of the month, I will have to pack up and
put all my stuff in my rental storage unit again.      I wasted so
much time on Craigslist looking, but only
weirdos and free-loaders responded.

David Locklear