I just saw this 4x4 vehicle for sale at a used-car dealership in Houston.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o1-b_dFEWjY/Um6NTffQRwI/AAAAAAAAEbI/Kgyvzg_gqiU/w958-h574-no/IMAG0763.jpg

It has a bumper on the back with tire and gas can.    It has a dual-gas tank.

It looks like it was well-maintained and well-built.    Unfortunately,
the dealer is asking
$ 15,000.    It has a V-8 and a 4-speed automatic transmission, solid
axles, good ground-clearance.    The canvas roof looks in good shape.

I wouldn't own a vehicle with a carburetor, and I doubt you could pay
me to drive a
Ford, but it is ready to go off-road to some place where a cave is
difficult to access.

I am guessing a vehicle like this would be available at an affordable
price outside of
Houston, but they will sell it to a young wanna-be yuppie outdoorsman
who has more
money than sense.

My personal opinion is that a caver should not drive an expensive
vehicle up into the
Sierra Madres, but at the same time you will need something like this
to get to some
of the places were old logging roads have been abandoned and have over-grown.  I
am not a big off-road enthusiast, so I don't know if those are the
ideal tires you would
want on a trip up there.   You will wish you had those knobby
mud-tires in those
low muddy-spots that you occasionally have to pass.

My next car is likely to be very tiny and a miser on gas, and maybe a
Nissan Leaf.

While I have your attention,

Home Depot has a 2-pack LED headlamp set for only $ 4.88, which
includes batteries.
The lamps look good enough for a trip to Whirlpool.    But they have a
flashing red mode
and a green mode.    The brand is Defiant.    I could not find the
headlamps on the internet.

David Locklear