Thanks, Jerry.

It is not surprising that more big collapse dolines fitting the size definition
of Prof. Zhu will be found on Earth. Remember that the size definition has
nothing directly to do with origin and "tiankeng" is not a useful karst term
(in my opinion) unless you are selling tourism or ego. But the term, like
"spelunker", is going to be with us for quite a while.

Your comments about rivers (or lack thereof) underneath the big collapse
dolines in Mexico is interesting.

There obviously had to be some process in the past to remove the huge volume of
limestone to form the feature. Certainly the big ones that I have visited
(including the father of them all, Škocjanske jame in Slovenia) all have a
serious cave river beneath them to cart the stuff off. I have thought about
Golindrinas and wondered about the mechanism there. Perhaps no one has gotten
down below the bottom far enough to find the underlying stream passage. Perhaps
the process of formation is a bit different and slower, and/or may not be
active today. Size itself has nothing to do with how the thing formed. Size is
descriptive only. Good science requires that you do not co-mingle description
with genesis. That is why geologists separate the terms "gravel:" and
"conglomerate" (descriptive) from "stream deposit" (genetic).

That gives us something to figure out. Ain't Science Grand!

DirtDoc